Its no secret that I love Hot Chocolate. I’m not big on Coffee, so it gives me something warm to hold on to and sip in the blustery winter weather. Heck, my husband and I even had a Hot Chocolate bar at our wedding! (It was February.)
A couple years ago I created home-made gifts of cookies, wrapped in a box with some hot chocolate and marshmallows. I stored the marshmallows in the hot cocoa and by the time I gave them away they were covered in the cocoa dust and looked like… reinndeer pellets.
So I’ve developed this cute little box. Its super easy to make, pretty small, and is the perfect way to hold marshmallows for hot cocoa gifts! I put the mini marshmallows in a plastic zip sandwich bag (so they don’t dry out) and then tuck the bag into the Snowflake Box. You could also add some plastic sheeting over the window and put candy in it instead.
How to make it:
- Print out the template on a heavy card stock.
- Cut out the design along the solid lines.
- If desired, use a craft knife to cut out a window in the front of the box, following the guide lines. Glue clear acetate over the window from the inside if desired.
- Score and fold along the dotted lines.
- Use a dab of glue, or a piece of double sided tape to adhere flap A to its counterpart on the other side.
- Fold the shortest flaps on the bottom in. Fold the longer flaps in, one at a time. Securing the ends of the longer flaps by sliding their corners through the slits in the shorter flaps.
- The box will hold itself closed by hooking the top left and right flaps over the top front and back flaps.
That’s it! I’m stocking up on them already. I’ll cut and score them all- then store them flat and use as needed for teachers, co-workers, friends and family!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Tested Tuesday: The Nostalgic Candy Company - April 24, 2018
- 5 Delightful Coffee Recipes and Crafts That will Make You Buzz - April 14, 2018
- Dark Magic Chocolate Mocha Brownies - April 10, 2018