I do have a weakness for ice cream. But, the cheese cake variation – I posted here – was not the *healthiest* thing to have in my freezer. So, I came up with this recipe, based on a couple different things I read on the internet. You see, the cheesecake ice cream begins with whipped heavy cream. That’s not so healthy. Then I read this post that details whipping evaporated low fat milk instead. That’s one major fat source down. The next catch is that I want this ice cream to be chocolate. So, I got to thinking about chocolate whipped cream, since that’s all whipped heavy cream is. Then I can across this post that says adding cocoa powder to whipped cream does the trick. So then, I think, we can probably do that to the evaporated milk too. It worked!!
- 2 cups Evaporated Milk Fat Free
- 1 cup Milk, Condensed, Sweetened
- 1 1/2 cups Cocoa
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt*
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup granular Splenda.
- 1/4 cup Tap Water
How To Make It:
- This will make about 8 cups of mixture. It does half well. Serving size is 1/2 cup.
- Freeze machine whisk and bowl, along with 2 loaf pans. Make sure evaporated and condensed milk are *Very cold* but not frozen.
- Combine Flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking powder, salt, melted butter, sugar, Splenda, and water until it makes a brownie batter consistency.
- Whip Evaporated milk, vanilla and 1 cup cocoa until stiff and creamy.
- Fold condensed milk into Evaporated milk mix until combined.
- Spread into loaf pan.
- Spoon dollops of brownie batter into mixture and freeze until solid.
- Once solid, I like to scoop it all out and then put it into a tupperware. Try serving it with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. =D
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How To Make a Grid Mood Journal - August 3, 2018
- Easy DIY Resist Watercolor Art - July 20, 2018
- Relax and Restore yourself with a Plant Food Picnic - July 13, 2018