Have you ever ordered a Brown Cow? Well, its one of my favorite things ever. A brown cow is really just a rootbeer float, but with the rootbeer and icecream mixed together like a shake. Its creamy, and sassparilla flavored -ugh! Just to die for!
Its only natural then, since my mother gave me an amazing ice cream maker for Christmas that I wanted to see if I could skip a step. Why add rootbeer to ice cream when I can make rootbeer ice cream! I’ve been sneaking bites of this from the freezer every 3 hours since I made it. Yeah, its that good. Oh, and did I mention you don’t need an ice cream maker? Yeah! Lets get to it!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (omit if doing without an ice cream maker)
- about 1 dram root beer candy flavoring (The kind used for hard candy. I got mine from Hobby Lobby- you can get it at Amazon here: Rootbeer Flavoring Oil)
How To Make It:
With Ice Cream Maker:
- Prepare your ice maker per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place in air tight container and keep in freezer!
Without Ice Cream Maker:
- Place a metal cake pan in the freezer.
- Whip the cream.
- While whipping, combine root beer flavor and condensed milk.
- Fold condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream
- Freeze in the pre-chilled metal pan, stirring every hour for 2-4 hours. That’s it!
I was so excited with how amazing this was I had to call my mom to brag. Too bad I can’t send her ice cream in the mail. This is perfect for a comfort food, and has a refreshing side that is great for a hot day. I wish there was a way to bring ice cream to a pot luck- I’d bring this! ♥ Hopefully some day soon we get some hot weather!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How To Make a Grid Mood Journal - August 3, 2018
- Easy DIY Resist Watercolor Art - July 20, 2018
- Relax and Restore yourself with a Plant Food Picnic - July 13, 2018