Sometimes, you just don’t have time to make something amazing. This could be for a number of reasons. Perhaps your husband is just telling you now, at 8pm that he needs to bring a treat to work tomorrow. Perhaps you’ve been out of town all weekend and its your turn to bring dessert to bible study on Monday. Maybe you’re sick, or lazy.
Point is, it happens.
And it happens to me, a lot.
So, for the past year or so, these caramel apple cookies have been my amazing go-to recipe. I get tons of comments on them, I can’t help but love them, and they are super easy to make. I use a packaged cookie mix to get me started, so its even quicker, but you could easily sub out a family favorite recipe. (Over achiever.)
Actually, this is so easy, I’m not even sure you can call it a recipe. Its more like a method. An easy, quick, cheater method.
- Plain sugar cookie mix, and anything it requires to make. (See why I said its cheating? You can sub out your fave sugar cookie recipe instead.)
- 1 packet instant apple cider. (If you’re making your own recipe, you may have to add more, depending on the yield of your sugar cookie dough)
- 1-2 cups Caramels. (Or, you can make from scratch- I like this microwave method I used in my Pecan Praline Fudge.)
- 3 tbs White Karo Syrup
- Add Apple cider packet to the Sugar cookie dough mix. (If making your own cookie recipe, add to the sugar in the recipe)
- Bake as directed.
- Add 2-3 tbs water per cup of UNWRAPPED caramels to a large bowl. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until caramels are melted. If too sticky, add 1-2 tbs more water.
- When caramel is melted, still in 3 tbs karo syrup. This will keep the caramel more soft and less chewy.
- Drizzle caramel over cooled cookies.
These caramel apple cookies have the best tangy apple flavor, which cuts the sweetness of the cookie, and pairs perfectly with the caramel. I get SO MANY requests for this “recipe” when I take these cookies out. I’ve used them in a couple of cookie exchanges too! Sometimes it’s okay to be a cheater!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How To Make a Grid Mood Journal - August 3, 2018
- Easy DIY Resist Watercolor Art - July 20, 2018
- Relax and Restore yourself with a Plant Food Picnic - July 13, 2018