For a lot of us, pets are a part of the family. We love them, we take care of them, and they love us back. So why not give them a little gift? Pet beds in the bog box stores can be super expensive, and not really washable. So, I set out to make a washable easy pet bed for my cats that was cheap enough to make one for each (we have three).
The result is easy, inexpensive and kid friendly! What a great gift for a pet birthday, or a project for a rainy day. So far my kitties all approve (although they like the bed in a corner more than in the middle of the living room floor). And, I can periodically take the cover off and wash it!
What You Need:
- Pool noodles. The cat bed only took one. For a larger dog’s bed 2 might be needed.
- 2 pieces of Fleece large enough to go around your bed with 4-6 inches excess (The cat beds took less than a yard. A larger dog bed would take more)
- Packing tape
- Batting (optional)
How To Make It:
- Bend your pool noodles into a circle. I only used one, but you could tape two together and then bend them. Tape the circle closed.
- Lay out your bottom fleece and put the ring on top. Trace around the ring. Trim your fleece into a circle leaving 4-6 inches excess from the tracing you made.
- Cut strips up to the line you traced, about 2 inches each.
- Repeat with the top fleece, making sure to cut the same number of strips.
- Make a sandwich for the bottom fleece, ring, and top fleece. If you want extra padding for your pet, you can add a few layers of batting in the center of the ring.
- Begin loosely tying the fleece strips together. Work your way around.
- Done! If you ever need to wash it, just untie a few strips and pull out the ring and batting. Wash, and then put back together!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Adorable Unicorn Treat Bags to Delight and Surprise - May 21, 2018
- Tested Tuesday: The Nostalgic Candy Company - April 24, 2018
- 5 Delightful Coffee Recipes and Crafts That will Make You Buzz - April 14, 2018