Sometimes in the hustle and bustle, its easy to forget the people who mean the most to you. My wedding anniversary is only a few days after Valentine’s Day so sometimes I feel that Hubby and I lump all of our lovey dovey gifts into that one month, leaving the rest of the year bare. So, I created these beautiful and sweet love notes as a special “Just because” gift for him. (I made a Just Because candy bar last year.)
The process is super simple, and hubby thought I’d actually purchased the card paper from a store. Nope! Those are all custom patterns I made. =D (Oh, and you know I’m going to share the printable love notes with you too!)
What You Need:
- Card stock
- Scissors + corner punch or Silhouette/cutting machine
- Silver Spray Paint
- Altoids tin
- Matching Washi Tape, markers, paint for embellishments (optional)
How To Make It:
- Take a used tin and wash it well with acetone. Then, sand it lightly all over to encourage the paint to stick. Wipe down one last time.
- Paint the tin with silver (or whatever you choose) paint. Let dry overnight.
- Decorate the front of the tin. (I used the Silhouette cut file by Created2Fly to cut a piece of paper that fit into the raised area of the tin.)
- Add a bit of ribbon to the bottom of the tin. This will hang out and allow your intended to be able to pull any cards out that might get stuck in the bottom of the tin.
- Download the PDF template HERE. Or the Silhouette print-and-cut file HERE.
- Either print the file and cut it out on the line, or print-and-cut the file using the Silhouette (that is how I did mine, but I realize not everyone has one. ;D )
- Write your love note on the back!
- Embellish with metallic markers, glitter, whatever you like.
- Add your cards to the tin, with the ribbon folded over. All done! What a pretty and compact love package. =D
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Relax and Restore yourself with a Plant Food Picnic - July 13, 2018
- 2018 June to June Student Planner - June 27, 2018
- Real Talk Live: Printable Origami Boat and Puppet - June 20, 2018