Do you remember the pumpkin that turned in to Cinderella’s BEAUTIFUL white carriage? Well I do. And a couple weeks ago when I stumbled across a pretty white pumpkin with the words “Happy Halloween” on it, I was instantly transported to a realm of up-scale, chic and modern whimsical Halloween decor. I was snapped out of it by the $70 price tag.
So, I set about making this. This is a dollar store pumpkin and some press on jewels. Let me show you how it’s done.
You will need:
- Foam pumpkin
- Mod Podge
- White paint
- Clear polyurethane spray
- Inkjet Printer
- 1 sheet of printer paper
- White tissue paper
- Craft glue and Jewels (or stick on jewels)
How To Do It:
- Starting with the pumpkin, coat it in white paint. This may take more than one coat.
- While waiting for your pumpkin to dry, tape a square of the tissue paper on all sides to a sheet of printer paper.
- Carefully insert the tissue paper taped to regular paper into the printer, so that the tissue paper will be printed on.
- Print the the words of your choice in the font of your choice. This might take a couple tries to get right. My tissue paper got caught a couple times, and I had to start over.
- Lightly spray the words with polyurethane spray. This will help prevent the words from smearing when you apply the Mod Podge. I sprayed it with 3 coats.
- Once both your pumpkin and your words are dry, remove the words from the regular paper and trim the excess tissue paper away.
- Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge where you would like the words to be on the pumpkin and place the tissue paper words carefully on the pumpkin.
- Mod Podge over the words and the rest of the pumpkin- let dry.
- Using craft glue, glue the jewels into a swirl design. You can even save yourself some time by getting stick-on jewels.
Other Halloween Related Projects
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How To Make a Grid Mood Journal - August 3, 2018
- Easy DIY Resist Watercolor Art - July 20, 2018
- Relax and Restore yourself with a Plant Food Picnic - July 13, 2018