Sometimes, I neglect the orange and brown, warm fall colors in decor. I tend to jump right from Spooky and dark Halloween (like this wreath, or this adorable door sign) into the gold and brown tones of Thanksgiving that I’ll eventually transition into Christmas. This year – I’m working a bit harder to stop and notice this particular color pallet, and this little wooden pumpkin decor piece is perfect!
There isn’t much to this craft – which means that it is great for a troop craft, a mom’s group, or as something little hands can help with. You can swap out the hot glue for a water based glue for extra safety.
I’m planning on displaying this little wooden pumpkin decor piece on my mantel with some little gourds I picked up at a pumpkin patch with the Squish.
- Rectangular wood plaque
- Assorted fall colored ribbons
- Wood stick or twig
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Orange craft paint
- Paint brush
- Begin by applying 1-2 coats of orange paint to the wood plaque. Allow the paint to thoroughly dry.
- Once dry, cut strips of ribbon to fit the width of the plaque. Cut enough so you can cover the front of the plaque.
- Add a dab of glue on each side of the ribbon and run each piece across the front of the plaque. Continue lining up the ribbons and gluing them on in this fashion.
- Once the front of the plaque is covered in your ribbon pattern, you can add the stem. Add some glue to a stick or twig and press it to the top of your pumpkin.
Create a variety of these in different sizes and display in a grouping for a wonderful visual effect!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- 20 Bright And Colorful Easter Egg How To Ideas - March 18, 2018
- Beyond Adorable Felt Happy Bunny How To - March 10, 2018
- How To Make Absolutely Adorable Character Easter Eggs - February 24, 2018