By raise of hands, who’s ready for summer vacation? My hands are firmly down! I’ve got plenty of fun activities and things planned for the kids, but I’m just NOT ready for all the craziness that comes with this time of year, like swim lessons, extra play dates, family reunions, and sunscreening the kids, to mention a few of the time suckers. One thing I LOVE about summer, though…tomatoes! Seriously, they just seem better in the summer. Here’s my recipe for Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes to get you going with your summer yummy-ness!
Especially if you have a garden producing some huge, juicy tomatoes, this would be PERFECT! These turn out so gooey cheesy and full of flavorful goodness. My Hubby was seriously licking his plate clean, it was that good! Plus the smell….oh wow, it’s almost torture smelling the deliciousness while you’re cooking!
- 4 Large Round Tomatoes
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- Pinch salt
- 3 Cups Spinach, overflowing
- 2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
- Simmer the Heavy Cream in a pot about 20 minutes. Heat the Olive Oil in a skillet, add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the Salt and Spinach leaves. Cook until spinach begins to darken and wilt. Don’t let it get too mushy!
- Add the heavy cream to the skillet and stir in the Nutmeg and Red Pepper Flakes. Add the Mozzarella and cook until it’s all melted.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and remove the insides. Spoon the cheesy mixture into the tomatoes and sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on the top. If desired, broil the tomatoes about 3-6 minutes, or until the tomatoes are warmed.