Happy October, y’all! It’s Danielle again from Busy Mom’s Helper. Can you believe it’s already hitting the big holiday months? I sure can’t! I feel like I’m working hard, kickin’ butt all day long and still can’t quite get everything done. By mid-afternoon each day, I’m dragging, and need a really tasty pick-me-up snack. These Peanut Butter Energy Balls are just the ticket!
These are real easy to make, and you can just store them in a container to snack on when you need a little extra ‘boost’ throughout the day. My kiddos even love it when I share, and I enjoy giving them something healthy to eat!
There’s so many ways you can change these up by adding different ingredients. My hubby prefers white chocolate chips and craisins in his. I like more chocolate chips, sometimes mini marshmallows even! So don’t be afraid to try some of your favorite little mix-ins to really make a great treat!
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. Extract (vanilla or other – I use a Marshmallow one, just 1/2 tbsp)
- 1-2 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup or more Chocolate Chips, if desired
- Any other ingredients you’d like to add (such as dried fruit, coconut flakes, nuts, etc.)
- In a pot, over medium heat, mix the Brown Sugar, Peanut Butter, Milk and Extract. Stir regularly until completely smooth.
- Stir in the Oats and remove from heat. Add the chocolate and/or any other ingredients.
- Form into balls and store covered. It does stay better/longer if refrigerated, but it doesn’t have to be – unless you add an ingredient that does)
Latest posts by Danielle Reeves (see all)
- Creamy Lime Chicken - November 6, 2014
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls - October 2, 2014
- Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies - September 4, 2014
3 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Energy Balls”
I am like you, I start to drag by the afternoon. I will have to make some of these…white chocolate and craisins sound like they will be just perfect for me. Thank you for sharing with us at Party in Your PJs.
I’ve been working on losing weight and these would make a great snack. My biggest problem with my weight is snacking on horrible things like candy bars and chips. These would just be a much better choice.
Melissa @ Simply Sweets by Honeybee recently posted..Slice of Life Sundays: 10-5-14
This looks super yummy! I HAVE to make this some time because I really do need some energy balls… Pinning!
Trine @ Creative Pink Butterfly recently posted..Banana & Blueberry Muffins