Hey y’all, it’s Danielle again from Busy Mom’s Helper, and have I got a super-quick, delicious recipe for you today: Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies! With all the variety of recipes, sometimes it’s nice to go back to the fabulous basics you enjoyed as a kid!
We’re now into September, which means school. Along with that comes after-school snacks. Although I try to serve mostly healthy things to my kids, I’ll admit that I have one day a week where the snack is cookies. I mean, they gotta have some special treats, right?!
There’s so many cookies to choose from, in so many combinations it’s insane, but I do love soft, chewy, perfectly-flavored Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies! And really, they can’t get much more simple than this!
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Hot Water
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line two baking sheets, then set aside.
- Mix the butter, both sugars and eggs together. Add the hot water, vanilla, and salt until well-combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda until well-mixed, then the chocolate chips. Spoon the dough into 1″ balls and place on baking sheets, gently pressing down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just barely turning brown. Let them cool about 5 minutes on the pan, then remove to a cooling rack. Enjoy every moist, chewy and tasty bite!