I saw this wonderful paper basket post from 2009 on The Little Blue Room, and thought it was SO CUTE! So, the next step was to make a cutting file for the paper basket, so that I could make multiples in a flash for Easter. And the step after THAT is sharing them all with you.
These sweet little baskets don’t just have to be for eggs though. Imagine them as little baby carriers for a baby shower favor, or sweet little harvest baskets for Thanksgiving! You could fill them with red candies for an apple themed teacher gift too. The free printable template, or the Silhouette cut file make it easy to create several of these, and assembly is a total breeze. You could use brads, or just glue the handles on depending on the time or your specific use.
What You Need:
- Card stock of your choice
- Pretty colored brad (check out these ones on Amazon)
- One of these paper basket template files:
PaperBasket.SVG (Right-click and select “Save link as…”)
PaperBasket.PDF (Simply print on your card stock, fold on dotted lines, cut on solid ones.)
How You Make It:
- Once you have your parts all cut, it is time to assemble. (Note: Rachel from The Little Blue Room chalked the edges of her paper for more dimension. I like mine more “clean”) Start by taking the two longest strips from one side and gluing those together. Then, layer the next two (one from each side,) and finally the last two. Repeat for the other side.
- Once those tabs are dry, glue the triangle up to complete the side. Then, glue a circle on top (folded in half) to disguise any nasty edges. Repeat on the other side.
- Punch a hole for your brad in the center of the circle. (If you’d like to do a 2 handled version like the one from the Little Blue Room, simply cut another handle, and punch holes on either side of the circle.)
- Thread your brad through the handle and then the basket. Repeat on the other side.
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Miniature Bohemian Style 1:12 Dollhouse Rattan Shelf - August 24, 2023
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020