About 2 years ago I fell in love with Peace Tea. Actually, it was the cans that I liked. In fact, I didn’t even try the tea until some time later. These are some of the most beautiful, and well thought out packaging designs I’ve seen in some time. The drawings are created by John Malloy– check out his website for more awesome. And I just LOVE the sketchiness and the color of the cans.
So, I set out to make something beautiful out of them. Check it out!
What You Will Need:
- Metal Rings/squares. I wish I could tell you what brand these are- but I got them years ago and only recently pulled them out again for this project. They are designed to go around circles of scrapbook paper, like tags and the like.
- Cans (Doesn’t have to be Peace Tea- could be any aluminum can)
How To Make It:
- Cut the top and bottom off of the can. You might want to wear gloves. Cut up the back of the can, so it can lay flat.
- Wash and dry the aluminum.
- Lay out the design and decide what segment you would like to use. Trace around your ring.
- Cut out the design a little smaller than the mark you made.
- Dot the inside of the ring with glue. (I used E-6000)
- Place the aluminum circle into the ring, and use pliers or something similar to press down the ring so it traps the alluminum inside.
- Glue a bail to the back of the aluminum tab.
- That’s it! I added a little charm to it by using a hole punch to punch a hole in the aluminum, and attaching some beads on a wire. I’m not so great at wire-wrapping, so it is what it is. ;D
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Miniature Bohemian Style 1:12 Dollhouse Rattan Shelf - August 24, 2023
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020