This week I was kicking around the idea of romantic desserts. Valentine’s day is coming up, and so is my wedding anniversary. I wanted something sweet and cute but still classy and special. Immediately I thought of chocolate covered strawberries. They are so decadent and romantic in color, sweetness and overall fanciness. The strawberries were a great start, but not quite unique enough. I mean, that’s been done. A lot. I wanted something a little more out of the ordinary, but still super easy.
Now, I’m not a big fan of cake, but somehow this idea for an inside out version of chocolate covered strawberries just got stuck in my head. The next thing I knew, I was in the kitchen whipping them up. I used my favorite chocolate cake mix, and strawberry flavored frosting. You could easily substitute for some home made choices, or a mix that is dear to your heart. This was my first time ever using a cake frosting tip to swirl the frosting on. IT IS SO PRETTY! Not to mention effortless. I might have to start making more cupcakes…
I preface with: this is ridiculously easy. I almost feel like I’m cheating you by counting this as a recipe. But, I hope you love it!!
What You Need:
- Chocolate cake mix (and whatever that requires)
- Hershey’s hugs or kisses
- Strawberry frosting
- Piping bag and cake frosting tip
- Cute cupcake liners
How To Make It:
- Line your muffin tin and prep your cake batter. Fill the cups 1/2 full.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss in the middle of the batter.
- Continue to fill the cups, it may or may not cover the kisses.
- Bake as indicated on the cake mix.
- Once the cupcakes cool, fill a piping bag with room temperature frosting, and prep it with the cake tip.
- Pipe the frosting in a swirl, moving from the outside to the inside.
- That’s it! The strawberry frosting is the perfect accent to the decadent chocolate cake and filling. The kisses also added a moistness to the cupcakes that I just adore. I just can’t wait to surprise Hubby with these. They will be the perfect Valentine/Anniversary dessert!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020
- Fall in Love with Free Printable Valentine Bingo - February 4, 2020
9 thoughts on “Strawberry Covered Chocolate Cupcakes [Recipe]”
These look amazing! Yum!
Megan recently posted..Ice Cream Party Dessert Table
These look almost too pretty to eat, yet too delicious to resist!! Thanks for sharing! Pinning 😉
Brenda recently posted..10 Things that the Flu Caused Me to Appreciate
These look so yummy & will be perfect for my Valentine Bunco! Thanks for being so giving!!!
I can hardly wait to try these. They sound so yummy. I am going to serve them to my Bunco group as well as my family!
Ohh these are soooooooooooo beautiful, and yes – romantic!
I love your idea