Did you know that thin mints are the most popular Girl Scout cookie? Every year literally millions of these cookies are sold. But, the delicious temptation of a thin mint paired with the seasonal sales cycle of The Girl Scouts presents a problem for me. You see, I really can’t afford to have more than one box in the house at any time. Why? Because I’ll eat it.
But, since the cookies aren’t sold year-round that means that I can only buy one from the Scouts and then suffer the rest of the year thin-mint-less. That is, until now.
I’ve seen plenty of DIY Thin Mint recipes, and I urge you to experiment with whatever you think sounds good. For me, however, I felt some of these recipes were over-thinking it a bit. I mean, what I love about the thin mint is that it is so simple. These are crispy chocolate dry cookies dipped in mint chocolate. That’s no big deal! Heck, its pretty much just a graham…
And that is how it began. I ran out to get some chocolate graham crackers, coated them in mint chocolate and voila! These amazingly delicious, crispy, cool-mint cookies were born.
Did I mention that these cookies are crazy easy to make? I’ll never want for thin mints again!
What You Need:
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Peppermint oil
- Cookie cutter (optional)
- Chocolate melter (or double boiler)
How To Make It:
- Prepare the chocolate by adding 1 tsp of coconut oil to 8oz of chips in a chocolate melter. (You could also melt in 15 sec intervals in the microwave or with a double boiler) Once melted, add peppermint a drop at a time until you reach desired mintiness.
- If you want your cookies round like thin mints, use a circle cookie cutter to cut out the grahams. I do this sometimes, but more often just break the grahams into rectangles and leave it at that.
- Dip the grahams into the chocolate and allow to cool on wax paper, or on a drip rack.
- Store your cookies in an air-tight container on the counter for a few days, or in the freeze for a few weeks!!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Download 2019 Free Printable Planners - December 11, 2018
- How to Make a Skin Routine Caddy with your Favorite Skin Products - December 6, 2018
- How to Make a Beautiful and Meaningful Printable Advent Calendar - November 19, 2018