Happy October, y’all! It’s Danielle again from Busy Mom’s Helper. Can you believe it’s already hitting the big holiday months? I sure can’t! I feel like I’m working hard, kickin’ butt all day long and still can’t quite get everything done. By mid-afternoon each day, I’m dragging, and need a really tasty pick-me-up snack. These Peanut Butter Energy Balls are just the ticket!
These are real easy to make, and you can just store them in a container to snack on when you need a little extra ‘boost’ throughout the day. My kiddos even love it when I share, and I enjoy giving them something healthy to eat!
There’s so many ways you can change these up by adding different ingredients. My hubby prefers white chocolate chips and craisins in his. I like more chocolate chips, sometimes mini marshmallows even! So don’t be afraid to try some of your favorite little mix-ins to really make a great treat!
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. Extract (vanilla or other – I use a Marshmallow one, just 1/2 tbsp)
- 1-2 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup or more Chocolate Chips, if desired
- Any other ingredients you’d like to add (such as dried fruit, coconut flakes, nuts, etc.)
- In a pot, over medium heat, mix the Brown Sugar, Peanut Butter, Milk and Extract. Stir regularly until completely smooth.
- Stir in the Oats and remove from heat. Add the chocolate and/or any other ingredients.
- Form into balls and store covered. It does stay better/longer if refrigerated, but it doesn’t have to be – unless you add an ingredient that does)