I just can’t get enough of these little Thanksgiving Gift boxes. They’re the perfect size to treat the children in my family when I see them for the Holiday. Plus, I just really love to bake- and these nifty little boxes are a great receptacle for my various treats. These little puppies go together super easy (even cutting them out is no big deal!) and I can print and assemble as many as I need!
This year, I think I’ll fill these with some variation of pumpkin granola. I made some a few years ago but have been putting off doing it again until I get a new food processor. The boxes are suitable for a lot of different kind of treats, so I’m sure I’ll think of something!!
What You Need:
- Heavy card stock in white
- Scissors or craft knife (or both!)
- Glue or double sided tape
- Baggies of treats, or clear plastic to cover the windows if you choose to cut them out.
- The templates: Floral Box and Dot Box
How To Make It:
- Print out the template on a heavy card stock.
- Cut out the design along the solid lines.
- If desired, use a craft knife to cut out a window in the front of the box, following the guide lines. Glue clear acetate over the window from the inside if desired. (The lines for the windows are on the interior of the box, so if you don’t cut it out no on will know!)
- Score and fold along the dotted lines.
- Use a dab of glue, or a piece of double sided tape to adhere flap A to its counterpart on the other side. (Shown with a Halloween design I experimented with.)
- Fold the shortest flaps on the bottom in. Fold the longer flaps in, one at a time. Securing the ends of the longer flaps by sliding their corners through the slits in the shorter flaps. This part doesn’t need any glue!
- The box will hold itself closed by hooking the top left and right flaps over the top front and back flaps.
That’s it! See how easy they come together? Its really satifying to make something like this from scratch (especially since treat boxes like these are CRAZY expensive.) I hope you enjoy!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- DIY Coasters made with Permanent Markers - May 30, 2019
- Simplified Easy French Cruller How to and Recipe - April 17, 2019
- How to Make Luscious and Easy Honey Butter Lip Scrub - February 15, 2019