Do you remember the pumpkin that turned in to Cinderella’s BEAUTIFUL white carriage? Well I do. And a couple weeks ago when I stumbled across a pretty white pumpkin with the words “Happy Halloween” on it, I was instantly transported to a realm of up-scale, chic and modern whimsical Halloween decor. I was snapped out of it by the $70 price tag.
So, I set about making this. This is a dollar store pumpkin and some press on jewels. Let me show you how it’s done.
You will need:
- Foam pumpkin
- Mod Podge
- White paint
- Clear polyurethane spray
- Inkjet Printer
- 1 sheet of printer paper
- White tissue paper
- Craft glue and Jewels (or stick on jewels)
How To Do It:
- Starting with the pumpkin, coat it in white paint. This may take more than one coat.
- While waiting for your pumpkin to dry, tape a square of the tissue paper on all sides to a sheet of printer paper.
- Carefully insert the tissue paper taped to regular paper into the printer, so that the tissue paper will be printed on.
- Print the the words of your choice in the font of your choice. This might take a couple tries to get right. My tissue paper got caught a couple times, and I had to start over.
- Lightly spray the words with polyurethane spray. This will help prevent the words from smearing when you apply the Mod Podge. I sprayed it with 3 coats.
- Once both your pumpkin and your words are dry, remove the words from the regular paper and trim the excess tissue paper away.
- Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge where you would like the words to be on the pumpkin and place the tissue paper words carefully on the pumpkin.
- Mod Podge over the words and the rest of the pumpkin- let dry.
- Using craft glue, glue the jewels into a swirl design. You can even save yourself some time by getting stick-on jewels.
Other Halloween Related Projects
The following two tabs change content below.
My name is Kayla and I am a Graphic Designer. That means that I love pretty things, and also that I like to make free printables! I'm so happy that you've stopped by to visit my blog, and I hope you will follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest or Instagram!! (Yeah, and I'm totally addicted to the internet).
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020
- Fall in Love with Free Printable Valentine Bingo - February 4, 2020
2 thoughts on “DIY White Jeweled Pumpkin”
This is so cute! I love that you put some words on it, too, makes it even more festive!
Kelly B. recently posted..Five Ways to Wake Up Without Caffeine!
I LOVE THIS! I am always looking for unique (glamed?) decor…(not the biggest fan of orange) This is perfect. Great job!