Secret: I was once involved in a years long pie war with my uncle. You see, right around the time I started bringing pies to family gatherings (of which we have many), my uncle decided he needed to bring a pie too. And, teasing uncles being what they are – my uncle Jake took every opportunity to tell me his pies were better than mine. Of course he was wrong. And I told him so. Every subsequent year we’d each bring a newer, better pie, or a fancier crust. I began cutting hundreds of tiny fall leaves to crown my pecan pies. He stuck with sprinkled cinnamon on his custard pie (I know, unoriginal right?) Eventually my uncle failed to produce a pie at Thanksgiving, and we all know that is forfeiting.
It is really kind of a shame that I won the Pie war, because This Caramel Apple pie will not only blow your mind, it would have knocked uncle Jake’s socks off! It’s simple, easy, and amazingly tasty. Using a few almost-home-made ingredients it comes together in just a few minutes with results that will make guests (or your uncle!) think it took you hours. Cheater’s Caramel Apple Pie is also good for last minute treats for parties and events that you forgot about, since ingredients include canned apple pie filling and caramel sauce, which are two pantry staples that you can always have on hand. Yeah, this pie would totally win a pie war.
And do you see that crust?! This pie has got strong crust game.
- 2 pack Pillsbury Frozen Pie Curst
- Caramel Dip
- Canned Apple Pie Filling
- Pie Pan/Dish
- Thaw your pie crust according to the package instructions. Line the bottom of your pie pan with one of the crusts and blind bake it according to the Pillsbury instructions. Make sure to poke holes in the bottom to prevent the crust bubbling.
- In a medium sized bowl combine 4-6oz of the caramel dip with the can of pie filling.
- Fill the pie with your caramel apple filling and roll out the second Pillsbury crust. Using your fork, press down a thatched pattern in your second crust.
- Gently transfer your pretty crust to your pie dish, and crimp the edges around the dish. Then, use a sharp knife to cut vents in the hatch pattern in the center of the pie.
- Bake according to the pie filling instructions and crust is golden!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Download 2019 Free Printable Planners - December 11, 2018
- How to Make a Skin Routine Caddy with your Favorite Skin Products - December 6, 2018
- How to Make a Beautiful and Meaningful Printable Advent Calendar - November 19, 2018