I think I’ve said it at least a million times on this blog: I love to give gifts. So what better office mood-lightener is there than Secret Santa!? This year, the first theme happened to be “Something Cozy”. At first I thought about the Hot Cocoa mug craft I guest posted for One Artsy Mama. But, having done that already I felt it was a little blah to re-use it in the same season. So then I got to thinking. A few weeks ago while at Ikea I picked up several red and several white fleece blankets for $3.49 each. I’ve also stocked up on several paints that do dual duty on fabric. So, I put together this little number. And to top it all off, its got my Secret Santa Recipient’s monogram. =D I think this one will be a hit!
How to Make it:
- Choose your paint colors and your stamps. I went with various shades of blue and snowflakes. Its wintery, so my recipient can use it through the whole season.
- Lay out your blanket- wrinkle free.
- Place your stencils. I used a combination of the Martha Stewart brand self adhesive stencils and a generic brand self adhesive stencil. Its nice because they don’t slide around on the slippery Fleece material.
- With an up and down dabbing motion, paint the inside of your stencils. Once dry, remove and then re-place so that you can continue your design.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before rolling up into a cozy bundle!