The smell of warm lemon-butter cookies, or pumpkin bread throughout the house is a dear one to me. The Holiday season feels to full of joy and love when I and the people around me pour our love into food. Its tangible, its giftable, and its delicious. Each year I try my best to make a little something that I can share with the people around me. This year I’ve come up with these terribly adorable slide out cookie or treat boxes to pass around!
These little boxes would also be perfect for a bake sale, or for a thank you gift to a friend or co-worker. They come together very simply, and after making one or two, you’ll feel like an expert! The design I created also has a couple of different phrases including “Merry Christmas,” “Happy Holidays,” and “To: From:” to suite every occasion! I went ahead and made 2 designs so that they would match the Mugs I made in the Holiday Traditions post. I think it all came together nicely =D
What You Need:
- Heavy Card Stock (The heavier the stock, the more stable the finished product will be.)
- Ruler (Folding sturdy boxes requires scoring the folds on straight lines)
- Box Template (Available in my Etsy Store)
How to make it:
- Print out the template on a heavy card stock. (The heavier the stock, the stronger the end product will be)
- Cut out the each design along the solid lines.
- Begin assembly with the INSIDE BOX. Score along the dotted lines. Fold and glue so that A touches A, B touches B, etc.
- Glue the tabs created in step 3 to the shortest wall of the box.
- Fold rounded tabs of INSIDE BOX inward.
- Continue assembly with OUTSIDE SLEEVE BASE. Fold the base along the dotted lines. Choose an OUTSIDE SLEEVE TOP and glue it to the indicated flaps on the base.
- Once all elements are dry, slide completed sleeve onto to inside box.
Linked Up At:
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to make stunning snow globe photo ornaments - December 4, 2019
- DIY Tempting Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub you will Crave - October 30, 2019
- How to Dye Yarn Easily and with beautiful results - October 16, 2019