Can I just take a minute to say that I love Chocolate Covered Katie? I’ve made many of her recipes, and my favorite so far has been the healthy cookie dough dip. The basic concept of these dips (she has a couple) is to use garbanzo beans as a base and add your ingredients to that. Because the beans are so bland, but packed with protein, they make a great base for a number of flavors. Technically this is a dip, but I’ll be honest and say I just eat it. And I don’t feel bad doing it! For those of you using LiveStrong.com, the recipe is here to add to your plate. =D The nutrition facts according to LiveStrong are below. =D
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas
- 3/4 cup Light Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 120 g No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Mix
- 1/4 cup Crushed Graham Cracker
How to Make It:
This one is SUPER easy. Drop beans, sour cream and everything else into a food processor (not a blender, mixture is very thick and does not blend well in a blender) and then blend until smooth!
In case you were wondering, the baking soda is used for flavor, and can be omitted if you would prefer.
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to Make Luscious and Easy Honey Butter Lip Scrub - February 15, 2019
- Download 2019 Free Printable Planners - December 11, 2018
- How to Make a Skin Routine Caddy with your Favorite Skin Products - December 6, 2018