Ugh! Etched/Frosted glass is one of the hardest things to photograph. I promise you these beautiful bulbs are far more interesting in person!
Anyway, since I did my Personalized Pyrex over a year ago, I’ve had this glass etching cream sitting in my craft room. So, when I walked past the glass ornaments in a craft shop this weekend, I was suddenly struck by inspiration! These DIY Etched Glass Ornaments make amazing gifts, or just keepsake ornaments for each year.
What You Need:
- Glass Ornament
- Etching Cream
- Stencils, tape, stickers, etc to mask areas
How To Make It:
- Clean your ornament well. Place stickers, stencils, tape in any design you want. (I think a cut mask from vinyl off a Cricut or Silhouette would work well too!)
- With an old paint brush, apply etching cream. Let sit per instructions. If I had it to do over again, I would repeat this step. I find it makes a more solid etching without brush strokes.
- Rinse ornament and remove tape/stencils.
- That’s it! I know, it couldn’t be more simple! But look at the end result!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Miniature Bohemian Style 1:12 Dollhouse Rattan Shelf - August 24, 2023
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020