I wonder some times, if I’ll ever run out of crafty ideas supplied by my mom. When I think of all the cool stuff she came up with before the age of the internet, I can’t help but me amazed!!
For example, when I was in 4th grade, Mom helped with our class Halloween party (I remember it well. I was Pippy Longstocking.) and part of her duty was to bring a treat. But my mom didn’t bring just any treat. Oh no. She used a few simple and easy to find items to make an awesome cupcake graveyard. She even decorated a box with a metal gate and tin foil fence to complete the look.
So, I’m passing my mom’s amazingly easy and impressing Halloween cupcakes down to my little sister – and to you.
My sister is awesome, and she made for a great helper! Together we made Mom’s original version (with chocolate frosting and green sugar) and our own version (green frosting and crushed Oreos). Instead of Mom’s awesome box fence, I made some fence style cupcake wrappers with my Silhouette. I’m sharing that file too!! (Studio File Here | SVG File Here )
What you Need:
- Chocolate cupcakes. I’m no baker, so I used a box mix.
- Green Sugar (I made mine, the same way I did for Creeper Marshmallows)
- Crushed Oreos (Try putting them in a stand mixer with the mix blade. Worked for me!)
- Necco Wafers (I picked out the dark colors. You could use them all)
- Food Safe marker (optional, I got mine from Amazon)
- Frosting (I used chocolate and creamcheese dyed green)
How To Make Them:
- Sprinkle either the green sugar or the crushed Oreo onto the cupcake in the center.
- Using a food safe marker, write some funny grave sayings on the top half of a Necco.
Some of our sayings:
I’m sure you can think of more!!
- Stick the Necco in the center. Done! Additionally, you can cut out the fence cupcake wrappers and wrap ’em up!! Or, make an awesome graveyard box like Mom did way back when!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020
- Fall in Love with Free Printable Valentine Bingo - February 4, 2020
6 thoughts on “Easy DIY Halloween Cupcakes”
I LOOOVE the look and the taste of crushed oreos!!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles
These are spooky and darling!! Pinned!
Jen Nikolaus recently posted..Hawaiian Fruit Dip