Anyone who knows me knows that I am particular about my gift wrapping. I like things to match, and I like them to have a distinct flair. I’m the one with the color coordinating bows, paper, ribbon and gift tags on Christmas morning. In fact, I have 5 different sets of Christmas ornaments, because I like to coordinate everything.
So, how do I do it without breaking the bank? There are a couple of tips and tricks that I use.
- Buy paper and ribbon on sale in January and then store it until the following Christmas.
- Make use of butcher paper, drop cloth paper and kraft paper. I’m able to buy huge rolls if nice, sturdy paper in one solid color and then embellish with adorable bows and tags. Check your local dollar store, home improvement store, or shipping center for ideas. (This is also a great option to let your children color in. Then use custom child-decorated wrapping paper for special gifts!)
- Use your printer. For small gifts I love to design my own wrapping paper. I print it on a premium printer paper for thickness, and then wrap it up. I love that I’m able to customize for the event, for the recipient’s taste this way. It is so fun! This year I’ve done a Silent Night theme, using the lyrics from the song and some soft colors. I made coordinating tags and I’m sharing it all with you!
[question]Click here to download the wrapping paper and tags PDF![/question]
- Double stick tape. “Premium” papers with glitter are super expensive! Dress up any wrapping paper with some double stick tape and your favorite glitter. Simply wrap the gift, apply a band of tape, dust with glitter and shake off excess. Voila! Your own premium wrap!
- Finally, save your boxes. So much wrapping paper is wasted trying to wrap strangely shaped items and toys. For months before the big day I save my shipping and packaging boxes, and then re-use them for nice, square gift boxes!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to make stunning snow globe photo ornaments - December 4, 2019
- DIY Tempting Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub you will Crave - October 30, 2019
- How to Dye Yarn Easily and with beautiful results - October 16, 2019