It took me years to start drinking coffee. I’m not a huge caffeine junky, as I don’t drink soda either, and it just never came up. Then I was introduced to the Burger King Mocha Joe in my college years. It was something like 1/2 coffee, 1/2 liquid vanilla shake mix and 3 pumps of chocolate syrup all over ice. It could hardly be called coffee but It was amazing and I had one every day for 2 years.
Thus began my love of all things sweet and chocolatey, like Creamy 3 Ingredient Hot Cocoa, and every mocha latte I’ve ever come across.
Even now when I go to breakfast places I am always looking for something sweet to indulge my psuedo coffee needs. It was here in Grand Rapids at a place called Wolfgang’s that I first tried their namesake coffee concoction. A hazelnut mocha latte made from half hazelnut coffee, and half home made hot chocolate.
Needless to say the drink came in a cozy mug piled high with whipped cream. I was instantly in love.
But I can’t always make it to Wolfgang’s for the Cafe Wolfgang. I mean, it’s a busy place, and I’m a busy gal. Sometimes Saturday mornings require a certain amount of not-leaving-the-house mentality. So I made my own.
I cannot believe I didn’t try this sooner, because it is AMAZING. The recipe is easy and makes two cups of the Cafe Kayla (see what I did there?) which is just right for hubby and me. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- Dark Hot Cocoa Mix (use store bought or home made)
- 6-8 oz of milk
- 6-8 oz of coffee
- 2 tbs Hazelnut syrup
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Make hot cocoa according to directions, using milk instead of water.
- Combine coffee, hot cocoa and hazelnut syrup.
- Pour into lovely mugs and enjoy with a squirt of whipped cream!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- DIY Tempting Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub you will Crave - October 30, 2019
- How to Dye Yarn Easily and with beautiful results - October 16, 2019
- Gorgeous Hand Crafted Miniature Kitchenaid Mixer - September 26, 2019