Do you remember a while ago when my friend Amy got married? I did a TON of craft projects related to her wedding. DIY Personalized Pyrex, Spray colored Cookies, Wedding Countdown [Free Printable], etc. Well, I debated long and hard (no pun intended) about sharing this technique with you because, well, it’s kida silly. You see, for Amy’s bachelorette party I made her naughty cookies.
So the first trouble was to find cookie cutters in lewd shapes. I was able to find some online but they were very expensive ($10 for ONE cutter!?). Also, even if i wasn’t looking for anatomically correct cookie cutters they are still really expensive. So I set out to make my own. Along the way I ingeniously made a safe-for-viewing campfire cookie cutter too, and that is what I’ll use to detail how to make your own cutter.
What You Need:
- Heavy disposable aluminum roasting pan.
- Heavy duty scissors.
- Paper and pen.
How To Make It:
- The most basic part of this is knowing what you want you cutter to look like. So, the first step is to draw the outline you are trying to achieve. Do this on the paper- in the size you want.
- Using your scissors, cut the bottom out of the roasting pan.
- Cut 1″ strips out of the bottom of the pan. Try and keep these straight, as the cutting edge of your cutter will need to be.
- Now comes the fun part. There is no good way to “show” how to do this. Simply use your outline as a guide, and with the pliers bend your strip into the shape you want. I set my piece on the outline and bent it around my drawing.
- At the end of your cutter, overlap about 1″. Using your scissors, cut a tab into one end, and a slit into the other. Push the tab into the slit and bend the tab back on itself. This way your cutter stays together (even through the dishwasher!) with no glue.
- Use your cutter and bake some cookies!