If you’ve spent any time on my instagram feed you know that I love gray and white color schemes with just a hint of color. When I found this lovely wood grain tissue paper with little pops of teal, I bought it. I didn’t exactly have a use for it, but surely there would be an occasion to use faux bois tissue paper right?
Yes. Yes there is. A little dollar store votive, a little Mod Podge, and voila! This luminary is a welcome addition to my mantel, and I still have plenty of paper left to wrap a super cute gift some day. Of course, the technique will work with any tissue paper but I think that it looks the best with a heavy patterned paper.
I used the same glass votive that I used a few years ago to make my DIY Layered candles, so if you have some extra you can make a pretty pairing!
What You Need:
- Square Glass Votive – Square is so much easier to cover than round shapes. Trust me.
- Mod Podge
- Tissue Paper
- Paint Brush
How To Make It:
- Clean your votive really well to make sure there are no oils or residue that will hinder your project.
- Cut your paper to size, and use you paintbrush to evenly coat one side with Mod Podge
- Lay the paper over your Mod Podge and smooth out. Repeat over the rest of the faces of the glass.
- That’s it! If you want extra protection, you can wait until the Mod Podge is dry and then cover the whole thing with Mod Podge.
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- 20 Bright And Colorful Easter Egg How To Ideas - March 18, 2018
- Beyond Adorable Felt Happy Bunny How To - March 10, 2018
- How To Make Absolutely Adorable Character Easter Eggs - February 24, 2018