Autumn is in the air. Autumn is definitely one of my absolute favorite seasons, I have been waiting for this since the oppressive heat wave we called “summer” began several months ago. The crisp dry air, the earth scented breezes and the magnificent colors are a comfort and a delight. I always look forward to the first chair tea of the year, the first roasted pumpkin, the first fall flavors.
Of course, the farmer’s market becomes one of the most happening places in town this time of year, brimming with countless veggies and other offerings. Last year, my husband and I bought and acorn squash to try a new dessert. We served it for Thanksgiving to family and friends. I wasn’t sure how it would come out, as I’d never eaten a roasted acorn squash before. It. Was. Amazing. So amazing that this year, as soon as I started to feel the chill, I began craving it. This time though, I added ice cream!
Roasted Acorn Squash
I just can’t get over how delicious and sweet these are. I’m not usually a big pumpkin pie fan, so this is my quintessential fall flavored dessert. Plus, I love to use super fresh squash from the local farmer’s market.
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400, cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds/strings.
- Score the inside of the squash several times, to allow the toppings to seep in.
- Place halves in a baking dish, open side up. Fill dish with 1/4 inch water.
- Coat the interior of the halves with butter. Spread brown sugar over butter, and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until squash is tender and tops are browned.
Chai Spice Ice Cream
Ever since I made the Cheese Cake Ice Cream, I have been IN LOVE with making quick flavored ice creams at home. This recipe is pretty much the same as the Cheese Cake Ice Cream, but with different spices. Plus- you don’t need an ice cream maker!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (about a cup)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Metal pan
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Download 2019 Free Printable Planners - December 11, 2018
- How to Make a Skin Routine Caddy with your Favorite Skin Products - December 6, 2018
- How to Make a Beautiful and Meaningful Printable Advent Calendar - November 19, 2018