I’ll admit it. I have a thing for mocha. Just mocha, mind you. I don’t like coffee. I do like what coffee does to chocolate. . One of my dearest go-to drinks are the kind you buy in adorable little glass bottles at the grocery store. But what to do with those ideally sized glass bottles when you are done? Here is one of my many re-uses.
These sweet treats will stay fresh in the air tight bottles, and are so cute when displayed. Perfect for teachers, co-workers, children away at college – anyone! The two labels I’ve made are for conversation hearts (I like Brach’s) and M&Ms. They say, “Love messages in a bottle” and “I ‘M&M so glad we’re friends”! This craft is super easy and will make a great Valentine’s Gift. Plus, there’s a bonus- you get to drink the coffee first. ;D
You Will Need:
- Starbucks or Beaumont Coffee Bottles.
- Red or Pink Paint. (Or Both!)
- M&M candies or Conversation Hearts
- Stick glue
- Printer and Paper
How to Make it:
- Remove the labels from the used jars. (The Beaumont Coffee brand from Aldi is shrink-wrapped on, and comes off very easily.)
- Wash bottles in dishwasher on the bottom rack with lids in the utensil tray.
- Use a semi-fine grit sandpaper to scuff up the metal lids. Clean the dust off, and paint with your desired paint color. (This may take several coats. If you can buy a spray paint for metal in your desired color, you may use that instead.)
- Once completely dry, fill the bottles with either conversation hearts or m&ms.
- Print the labels on regular paper. Cut out the labels and the lid decals.
- Using a stick glue on the back of the label, adhere to bottle.
- Once lid paint is dry, apply stick glue to back of lid decal and adhere.
- That’s it! A little ribbon and a note, and you’ve got a super sweet Valentine – or any time – gift!
More Valentine’s Projects
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- DIY Tempting Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub you will Crave - October 30, 2019
- How to Dye Yarn Easily and with beautiful results - October 16, 2019
- Gorgeous Hand Crafted Miniature Kitchenaid Mixer - September 26, 2019