The Impossible Update

Love it? Share with your friends!Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email to someone
email


Last week I talked about my commitment to the “Imagine the impossibilities,” challenge.  I had decided to start, and finish my wedding scrapbook. I’ve been plugging away steadily since then, and its time to share my progress!

Boy have I had a hard time at it. No wonder I thought this was impossible! The first step was to wade through over 500 pictures from our AMAZING wedding photographer, and choose the ones I wanted to use. I use Google Picasa to organize the photos, so aside from the amount of time it took, this part was pretty easy.

So, armed with 231 digital files in a folder on my 20gig flash drive I set off to a one-hour photo. Well, turns out those machines read EVERY image. Not just the ones in folders you select. (How was I to know!?) So, 20 minutes of loading later, I was ready to print. Hubby and I went and got dinner, and came back to pick up our prints. It was at this point we realized we had forgotten the photo release form. And the printer would not sell us our photos without it. ::sigh:: So, we hiked it all the way home and back with the release. But when we got back, the one hour photo was closed. ::double sigh:: Thankfully a neighboring department was able to assist, but he was clearly not well versed and the whole 2nd trip took more than 40 minutes.

BUT- I have my photos now. So, the next step was to sort through and put them on the pages they will eventually live on. (Nothing fancy at this point just plopping them in the page sleeve.)

That’s when I realized I didn’t have enough pages. No big- right? Order some that match. Oh wait! My scrapbook (due I’m sure to my procrastination) is so old its discontinued. So I went to the scrapbook store and got some coordinating background papers.

That brings us to where I am now; methodically using the backing papers I bought to construct layouts that look like the original scrapbook design. Its actually been pretty fun! I made some “labels” to match the ones that came with- (they say things like, “The day before” and “Love chose us”). And I used my new Silhouette Cameo to cut out some interesting pieces to complete the layouts. Oh! And don’t forget the card bits I cut out!

So, I’m all of 5 pages down. About 25 to go. I keep plugging away!

Love it? Share with your friends!Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email to someone
email
The following two tabs change content below.
Avatar

Kayla Domeyer

My name is Kayla and I am a Graphic Designer. That means that I love pretty things, and also that I like to make free printables! I'm so happy that you've stopped by to visit my blog, and I hope you will follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest or Instagram!! (Yeah, and I'm totally addicted to the internet).

5 thoughts on “The Impossible Update

  1. Avatar

    Looks like you’re way on your way to completing your impossibilities challenge. I definitely like how your album is turn out. I’ve committed to a challenge as well. Good Luck on completing it!

  2. Avatar

    Kayla! Your are coming along great. I would get so distracted going through all of the wedding photos and forget about the project. I bet it’s been fun, even though time consuming. And too funny about the photo printing experience. Lesson learned I guess!!

Leave a Reply to thistlewoodfarm Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.