A few weeks ago, Amanda from Beauty Green Cosmetics contacted me. She has just launched her own store of hand made organic makeup, and reached out to tell me that she was originally inspired by some of my recipes.
Not only was a flattered, but I was touched by Amanda’s desire to create these beauty products so that people going through Chemo Therapy would be able to use them without spending an arm and a leg. I didn’t realize there was such a need, and I am impressed that she’s decided to fill it.
Amanda offered to share her recipe for Toner here, and to sponsor a giveaway of several of her new products!! Don’t forget to sign up for the giveaway at the bottom of the post!
- Apple Cider Vinegar (I have not found a difference in the effectiveness between the organic vinegar and witch hazel versus the non-organic versions. If you can’t find the organic products, don’t sweat it. Your toner will still work well, but our goal here is to live toxin free. )
- Witch Hazel
- Essential Oils (Optional)
How To Make It:
- When first beginning this product, start off with:
- 2 parts witch hazel (video example: half cup)
- 1 part apple cider vinegar (video example: quarter cup)
- 15-20 drops of skin- relevant essential oils (Oily/acne prone skin? Use Tea Tree and Lavender.)
If you find this combination stings your skin too much, try adding more witch hazel. If you feel little or no tingling at all, add more apple cider vinegar.
The science behind it:
(*Cheesy song plays* She blinded me… with SCIENCE!)
Witch hazel is a natural anti bacterial and can help to reduce pore size while tightening and firming the skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar will balance the pH levels in your skin that can be thrown off balance by your soap, the air, the impurities in your environment, the food you eat, etc.
The essential oils can help to soothe and treat any skin issues you have. (Tea tree, for example, is great for treating acne and Lavender is very soothing on irritated skin.) Be cautious when using citric EO’s. They’re GREAT for treating skin issues but they can leave your delicate canvas more susceptible to the sun.
You’ll notice results with this product within a few days or less!
Be happy, and naturally beautiful![line]
Now for the giveaway! Amanda is giving away one complete gift basket of several of her products.
The winner will receive their choice of foundation color, their choice of blush color, small blue pod of (2oz) Dreamy Creamy moisturizer, the brand spanking new bronzer and the Minx Mascara.
All of these items are customizable for skin type.
Check out the Beauty Green Website for even more products!!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to Make Luscious and Easy Honey Butter Lip Scrub - February 15, 2019
- Download 2019 Free Printable Planners - December 11, 2018
- How to Make a Skin Routine Caddy with your Favorite Skin Products - December 6, 2018