I don’t know why I’ve been obsessed with DIY bracelets lately. Maybe because they are so versatile? This simple bracelet can easily be made custom with more colors, different beads, or different charms. They can be big and chunky like these DIY Strappy bracelets, or sleek and simple like these simple DIY bracelets.
All in all, these take less than 10 minutes, and less than 5 once you get the hang of it. They are easy enough for a kid’s party, and pretty enough to give as gifts.
What You Need:
- Waxed Thread
- Closed Loop Charm (like a circle, or a heart, or a square. Something that you can tie on to without the string coming off.)
- Beads (optional)
- Flexible measuring tape
How To Make It:
- Begin by measuring your wrist. There’s nothing more frustrating than making a beautiful bracelet and end up with something too big or too small.
- Measure the width of your center charm. Because of the way that the bracelet is made, the charm makes up part of the total bracelet length.
- Take your wrist number, subtract your charm number, and add 1/2 inch for knots/loops. This is your string length. Write this down.
- Cut two pieces of string the length you determined earlier. Loop them on either side of the charm and be careful to make sure that the loops face the same way.
- Drop a bead or two on the line to add a bit more sparkle.
- Add your claps elements on the end of each string and tie a knot to secure.
- Done! Your first simple bracelet is complete!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- Miniature Bohemian Style 1:12 Dollhouse Rattan Shelf - August 24, 2023
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020