Throughout my childhood there were 2 notable holidays that I looked forward to. Christmas because, well- PRESENTS! And Easter. Why? Because after my mom got me all gussied up in some itchy uncomfortable dress and hauled me to church, I got to go to Grandma’s for Easter dinner and an egg hunt. It was the highlight of my spring. Still as an adult, I look forward to this Easter so that I may make the trek back to my home town and see my family and everyone else. I’m too old to participate in the still kept tradition of the egg hunt, but I love to see my family and celebrate the risen savior.
That’s what drew me to making this Easter countdown. Well that and I gave up spending any money except on Saturdays for lent (yeah, that’s right. NONE except Saturdays.) and a countdown to when I can spend again is much welcome.
This countdown is full of ADORABLE bunnies and chicks. Each number has a little animal of its own, either peeking around it, sitting inside it, or on the ground around it. The outside sleeve is covered in a pattern of multicolored eggs. Its the perfect little countdown to get little ones excited about Easter!
The whole thing goes together exactly like my other countdowns (Christmas Countdowns, Snowflake Countdown [Free Printable], Halloween Countdown, Thanksgiving Countdown) which is quick and easy- requiring only 3 sheets of white card stock.
How To Make It:
- Print out the template on a heavy card stock.
- Cut out the designs along the solid lines.
- Score along all of the fold lines. Fold and crease them.
- For the first numbered block, glue the tab near the number 8 face to the edge of the 1 face. For the next, glue the tab near the 3 face to the 0 face.
- Fold in the other sides, and glue the top and bottom shut.
- For the outer sleeve/box, fold so that the letter A touches A, B touches B and so on. Use a dab of glue to hold these tabs together. Let dry.
- Glue the tabs to the short side of the box, to create a flush inside space for the blocks. Let dry.
- Place blocks in sleeve!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- DIY Tempting Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub you will Crave - October 30, 2019
- How to Dye Yarn Easily and with beautiful results - October 16, 2019
- Gorgeous Hand Crafted Miniature Kitchenaid Mixer - September 26, 2019