Yeah, I’m a sucker for a good countdown. There is something so satisfying about walking into my office each day and turning the blocks to reflect some fast approaching holiday. It helps me to keep on top of things that need to be done before I take time off, as well as generates buzz and excitement. “Only 9 days until Halloween!” and the like.
So last year, I made a BUNCH of Christmas countdowns. There were Snowflakes and Red Stripes, Checkers, dots and even a Retro Mod version. I thought I had a printable Christmas Countdown for every decor.
Until this year, hubby and I decided our Christmas theme would be Woodland. None of the existing count downs would work! Well you know me! I went to work and made a new one! This one has rustic letters in dark colors and a very intricate wood grain pattern all around the outside. (So intricate that it didn’t photograph well…) It fits right in on my woodland mantel next to all of the glittered pine cones and twigs.
What You Need:
- Download the Free PDF and print it
- Scissors, glue/tape
How To Make It:
- Print out the template on a heavy card stock.
- Cut out the designs along the solid lines.
- Score along all of the fold lines. Fold and crease them.
- For the first numbered block, glue the tab near the number 8 face to the edge of the 1 face. For the next, glue the tab near the 3 face to the 0 face.
- Fold in the other sides, and glue the top and bottom shut.
- For the outer sleeve/box, fold so that the letter A touches A, B touches B and so on. Use a dab of glue to hold these tabs together. Let dry.
- Glue the tabs to the short side of the box, to create a flush inside space for the blocks. Let dry.
- Place blocks in sleeve!
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to Make Luscious and Easy Honey Butter Lip Scrub - February 15, 2019
- Download 2019 Free Printable Planners - December 11, 2018
- How to Make a Skin Routine Caddy with your Favorite Skin Products - December 6, 2018