I do have a weakness for ice cream. But, the cheese cake variation – I posted here – was not the *healthiest* thing to have in my freezer. So, I came up with this recipe, based on a couple different things I read on the internet. You see, the cheesecake ice cream begins with whipped heavy cream. That’s not so healthy. Then I read this post that details whipping evaporated low fat milk instead. That’s one major fat source down. The next catch is that I want this ice cream to be chocolate. So, I got to thinking about chocolate whipped cream, since that’s all whipped heavy cream is. Then I can across this post that says adding cocoa powder to whipped cream does the trick. So then, I think, we can probably do that to the evaporated milk too. It worked!!
- 2 cups Evaporated Milk Fat Free
- 1 cup Milk, Condensed, Sweetened
- 1 1/2 cups Cocoa
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt*
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup granular Splenda.
- 1/4 cup Tap Water
How To Make It:
- This will make about 8 cups of mixture. It does half well. Serving size is 1/2 cup.
- Freeze machine whisk and bowl, along with 2 loaf pans. Make sure evaporated and condensed milk are *Very cold* but not frozen.
- Combine Flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking powder, salt, melted butter, sugar, Splenda, and water until it makes a brownie batter consistency.
- Whip Evaporated milk, vanilla and 1 cup cocoa until stiff and creamy.
- Fold condensed milk into Evaporated milk mix until combined.
- Spread into loaf pan.
- Spoon dollops of brownie batter into mixture and freeze until solid.
- Once solid, I like to scoop it all out and then put it into a tupperware. Try serving it with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. =D
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020
- Fall in Love with Free Printable Valentine Bingo - February 4, 2020
10 thoughts on “Low Fat Brownie Batter Ice Cream”
I love how you made ice cream out of brownie batter so i just had to include in my ice cream round up. Happy Fourth of July!
[email protected] recently posted..30 Flavors of Ice Cream Round Up
Looks fantastic and delicious!!
Wait, no ice cream maker attachment required? Awesome!!! You had me a brownie batter! YUM
Chelsea @ Making Home Base recently posted..Nautical Sisal Rope Coasters
Looks delicious! One question…what’s granular? I’m guessing it’s called something different in the UK? I’d love to make it, and will be pinning now! 🙂
Rhiannon recently posted.."meh" tee to "oh yeah!" tee week
Whoops! I missed a word in there. Its suppose to be “granular Splenda”. The kind that you can swap cup for cup with regular sugar. I hope that clears things up!!
Looks fantastic! Would loooooooooove to try it.
I am so glad you shared this and that it’s not too cold for Ice Cream yet. I’m going to have to make this! Pinned!
[email protected] recently posted..Apple Pie Milkshakes
Looks easy and delicious! I love making homemade ice cream!
Karyn – Pint Sized Baker recently posted..Pink Ribbon Cake Pops