Have you been scoping me out on Making The World Cuter? I am the new Printables contributor over there, and I’m so happy! Tiffany is amazing, and the rest of the team are so talented! If you don’t want to miss a single SayNotSweetAnne printable- you should head over there every 3rd Thursday. Or, you can wait a couple weeks and I’ll post the craft here.
That’s the case with these awesome birthday countdown blocks. They Debuted on Making the World Cuter, and now I’m sharing them with you. I hope you’ve got a birthday coming up!
I can just see this as a classroom project, or placed on a child’s dresser weeks before the big day. What a great way to drum up excitement!
What You Need:
- Download the Free PDF and print it out on your home computer
- Scissors, glue or tape (I go back and forth. glue makes a nicer edge but you need to clamp it in place somehow. Tape is easy, but not always square.)
How To Make It:
- Print out the template on a heavy card stock. Be sure to cut out the birthday banner on the dotted lines, and to use a craft knife to cut the BOLD line on the sleeve box.
- Cut out the designs along the solid lines.
- Score along all of the fold lines. This is important. You don’t get a crisp, square box without scoring. I use a ruler and a paperclip. Fold and crease them.
- For the first numbered block, glue the tab near the number 8 face to the edge of the 1 face. For the next, glue the tab near the 3 face to the 0 face. (Pictured here with my Woodland Christmas Countdown) I hate when I forget to take pictures of steps!!
- Fold in the other sides, and glue the top and bottom shut.
- For the outer sleeve/box, fold so that the letter A touches A, B touches B and so on. Use a dab of glue to hold these tabs together. Let dry.
- Glue the tabs to the short side of the box, to create a flush inside space for the blocks. Let dry
- Place blocks in sleeve, and the banner in the slit on the top of the sleeve box! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Check out the plethora of other countdowns I’ve done!
- Halloween Countdown
- Snowflake Christmas Countdown [Free Printable]
- Woodland Christmas Countdown [Free Printable]
- Easter Countdown [Free Printable]
- Thanksgiving Countdown
The following two tabs change content below.
My name is Kayla and I am a Graphic Designer. That means that I love pretty things, and also that I like to make free printables! I'm so happy that you've stopped by to visit my blog, and I hope you will follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest or Instagram!! (Yeah, and I'm totally addicted to the internet).
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to Solve Stress with Princess Bathtub Melts - June 2, 2020
- 25 Valentines Even a Toddler Can Make - February 11, 2020
- Fall in Love with Free Printable Valentine Bingo - February 4, 2020
3 thoughts on “Birthday Countdown Blocks [Free Printable]”
I am currently working on getting my advent calendar started for several people and I think this idea will be a great small gift to add. Thank You!!!
This is so fun! Thanks for sharing! I’d love for you to check out our 2nd Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up!