I admit it. Making a Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub is a bit out of my wheelhouse because… well… I don’t like Pumpkin Spice. It just isn’t something that I enjoy, regardless of its recent popularity. I tend to enjoy Chai flavors like in my Chai Ice Cream or DIY Chai Latte mix, but I have been known to use pumpkin in beauty products before. Thankfully, since this scrub is for topical use and not for eating, I’m 100% on board with enjoying the delicious scents of Pumpkin Spice and brown sugar while exfoliating my worse-for-wear skin areas. It definitely helps get into the spirit of fall!
Of course, there’s nothing written that says because I made it i I have to use it. This Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub is so pretty and smells so yummy – it would make an amazing gift too. Maybe revamp a pumpkin spice version of my 3 Easy DIY Bath treats? Once you’ve got the cosmetic fragrance oil for this scrub you could easily use it to make bath salts too. Perfect for the pumpkin spicer lover in your life!
The Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub is so easy it hardly counts as a recipe. The one important call out for ingredients is that they be meant for the skin. There are a lot of perfume or fragrance oils on the market, and many of them are NOT skin safe. Make sure you get something that is cosmetic grade. Also, buy from a trusted source with good reviews rather than an unknown overseas supplier. The cost that you save isn’t worth potentially harming yourself or others with your DIY scrub. Finally – even if you do everything right, be sure to test the scrub on a small part of your skin (like the inside of your wrist) and then wait 12-24 hours to be sure you won’t react to anything in the scrub. There’s nothing like lathering yourself with something only to find out it gives you a red rash!
Whew, so let’s get to it!
What You Need:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 15 drops Pumpkin Pie cosmetic fragrance oil (Make sure to use something created for soap and lotions, NOT for candles!)
- (optional) 2 drops orange cosmetic colorant
How To Make It:
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl. Stir well.
- Spoon mixture into an airtight container and seal.
Latest posts by Kayla Domeyer (see all)
- How to make stunning snow globe photo ornaments - December 4, 2019
- DIY Tempting Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub you will Crave - October 30, 2019
- How to Dye Yarn Easily and with beautiful results - October 16, 2019